Saturday 12 January 2008

Creating a Grymn Force III

I wanted to do something a little different in the colour scheme with my Grymn. Its easy to fall into the 'everything is painted green/drab/sand' melaise. I have a large number of Fantasy dwarf units which are themed around a 'Teal' colour. (from Foundry Paints)

So I decided to continue the theme from my fantasy dwarves through into this science fiction unit. As though the clan had survived through the millenia. I was toying with a number of samples using Teal, White and various greys when i stumbled across this on the web from the Talented painter Jenova.


And so a colour scheme was born.

This picture is my first sample. Clearly I am not as good a painter as Jenova (nor it would seem as good a photographer - better pictures to follow) but i think it captures the concept well.
The base, and the weapon are not yet done. I am not too happy with the visor though and that needs more work. I want it to match the glasswork on the Vehicles more.